Community Outreach 2015
Special programmes were organized by the students for each home and relevant supplies were also provided
Students of Grade 7
- 7 J visited the Sri Sangamiththa Child Development Center in Dehiwala.
- Grade 7J visited the Sri Sangamiththa Child Development Center in Pamankada.
- 7P & L visited the Vajira Sri Girls’ Child Development Center, Sri Jayawardanapura 8P and 7H visited the Sneha Children’s Home, Thimbirigasyaya.
Students of Grade 8
- Students of Grade 8L visited the Lankadara Home, Wellawatte.
- Grade 8J visited the Girls’ Home, Gangodawila.
- 8 P and 7 H visited the St. Martin’s Elders Home, Thimbirigasyaya.
- 8L & J visited the Children’s Home, Kirulapone.
Students of Grade 9
- 9 J visited St. Margaret’s Home, Colombo 3.
- 9 P & H visited the Methodist Elders’ Home, Wellawatte.
- 9P & H visited the Salvation Army Girls’ Home, Dehiwela.
- 9J visited the Daya Mina Convent for Differently Abled Children, Embuldeniya, Nugegoda.
- 9P visited the Mallika Elders’ Home, Colombo 4.
Students of Grade 10
- 10H visited the Salvation Army Elders’ Home, Rajagiriya.
- 10J visited the School for the Deaf, Ratmalana.
- 10L visited the School for the Blind, Ratmalana.
- 10P visited the Sri Sangamitta Balika Child Development Centre, Pamankada, Dehiwala.
Students of Grade 11
- 11H visited the Sneha Children’s Home, Colombo 4.
- 11 J visited the Salvation Army Girls’ Home, Dehiwela.
- 11L visited the Grace Perera Elders’ Home, Dehiwela
Students of Grade 12 & 13
- 13 (London A/L) Commerce & Science visited the Mother Theresa’s Home, Moratuwa.
- 13 (London A/L) Arts visited the Sangamitta Home, Dehiwela
- 12 & 13 visited the Welikada Prison. They distributed gifts and other items to the inmates and their children.
Committee members of the English Literary Society visited the Methodist Balika Maha Vidyalaya.
Committee members of the Model United Nations Club interacted with the students of Indramaha Maha Vidyalaya in Mirissa. They donated an organ to the school. The students were treated to lunch and stationery items were distributed.
The Committee of the Student Christian Movement organized a social service project to take the students of the Learning Tree Montessori School to the Dehiwala Zoo.
Money collected by the Buddhist children of the KG was used towards purchasing necessities for the Leprosy Hospital, Hendala and the Cancer Hostpital, Maharagama.
The committee members of the Model United Nations Club participated in a social service project at Pitabaddara, Matara. They distributed solar lamps and dry rations to the villagers.
The Islamic Society visited the Fathima Welfare Centre, Colombo 5 and donated a washing machine to them.